Boston Cream Poke Cake
I found this recipe online and I’ve made it 3 times and passed it along to my friend out of state and she made it twice for her church group. I have request to make it again soon..
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix (plus box ingredients)
- 2 boxes 3.4 oz Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 4 cup Milk
- 1 container Chocolate Frosting
- Prepare cake in 9×13 pan according to box directions.
- Use spoon handle to poke holes evenly across cake.
- Combine milk and pudding mix and whisk until well blended.
- Pour pudding over cake making sure it gets down into holes.
- Refrigerate cake for several hours to allow pudding to settle and set up.
- Open frosting container and remove foil seal.
- Microwave for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat this until frosting is pourable.
- Pour over pudding layer and spread with spatula to cover completely.
- Refrigerate for at least several more hours.